BetterBump: A Healthy Snack through Pregnancy and Breastfeeding + GIVEAWAY
*Desperate Mamas is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.ca and/or amazon.com.
*Please note that we received a free sample of this product from the company distributing in Canada in order for us to write a review. This does not affect our point of view and honest opinion of it. Everything you see in this page is here because we believe it could impact you in a positive way.
We are so excited to share this with you today! Our very first GIVEAWAY And we couldn’t feel more thrilled because we really really like this product and so will you!!!
We just came across BetterBump, that is not new to the market but it’s new to the Canadian Mommyhood. We thought it would be nice to share this discovery with our dear mamas, since it is specifically designed to help mamas-to-be and breastfeeding mamas (Which happens to be just up our alley).
BetterBump is an Australian company that has designed these Snack-Bars with expectant Mamas in mind. The whole purpose of these bars is to provide a healthy, nutritious option for pregnant and breastfeeding moms.
So what’s so good about this Snack you might ask… Well here’s a list for you:
BetterBump contains the following active ingredients:
- Prebiotic which combined with Probiotics helps protect our body from harmful bacteria, keeping the digestive system working properly.
- Folic Acid which helps your body produce and maintain new cells, keeping your blood healthy. Beginning folic acid supplementation before conception significantly reduces the incidence of birth defect,s and women who consume Folic Acid have a reduced risk of developing high blood pressure and anemia. This is a WIN WIN if you ask us!
- Iodine helps your baby’s brain and nervous system develop. A lack of Iodine during pregnancy has been linked to miscarriage, preterm delivery and still birth.
- Calcium becomes especially important to supplement during the final 20 weeks of pregnancy. As the fetus’s skeleton develops, it needs a great amount of calcium. Calcium during pregnancy helps mommy keep their own health strong while also shielding the health of their unborn babies.
- Iron During pregnancy, extra iron is needed for your growing baby and placenta, especially in the second and third trimester. When pregnant the amount of blood increases almost by 50% so you need more iron to produce more haemoglobin. An iron deficiency during pregnancy is associated with preterm delivery, low birth weight and infant mortality.
It has no GMO ingredients
Not sure how you feel about this but for us this is a big plus. Generally speaking we don’t like to think that we’re ingesting Genetically Modified Organisms let alone when pregnant or breastfeeding your baby. What you feed your baby is extremely important for their development so we LOVE that they considered this point when developing this snack.
It’s Dietician Approved
This bar is considered a healthy integration to a well-balanced diet for women trying to conceive, while pregnant and after birth.
And it’s Good!
We received a sample of each flavour so we could taste them and give you Mamas an honest opinion about them. To be completely honest we were expecting them to be kind of blend and tasting like a carton box, cause let’s be honest usually healthy stuff tastes like that!!! But we were pleasantly surprised. You can actually taste the fruit and enjoy the crunchiness of the nuts. Combine to that the flavour of the chocolate and you have a winner!
We found them to be not sweet at all, which we would have preferred although we know it’s not healthy so don’t mind this point! We just had to mention it because we are sharing our honest opinion! Another “negative” side we found is that it’s a bit hard to bite. The consistency is not bad at all, it’s just the first bite that took us by surprise.
As we mentioned earlier what really impressed us was the flavourful combination of the fruit with the chocolate.
They come in three different flavours:
Apricot and Almond with Dark Chocolate
Cranberry with Dark Chocolate
Oat Berry with Dark Chocolate
And our favourite one was the Apricot and Almond
So now that we shared all these details with you, we are so pleased to tell you all about the GIVEAWAY The WINNER of this Giveaway will receive with 9 of these delicious bars. Please be advice that this is for Canadian Residents ONLY
Here are the Details to participate (Please use the forms at the end of the post to participate, which will record your entries):
- The GIVEAWAY will run from March/21/2017 to Mar/28/2017
- You Must be living in Canada (Mandatory)
- Subscribe to Desperate Mamas (Mandatory)
- Increase your chances to WIN by following Desperate Mamas on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Increase your chances to WIN by following BetterBump on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Increase your chances to WIN by tweeting about the Giveaway daily
- The WINNER will be selected randomly and will be contacted by email 48 hours after the contest ends.
Best of Luck
Get a Chance to WIN
Subscribe to Desperate Mamas for a chance to Win 9 of these Delicious Snack Bars.
Designed with expecting and breastfeeding Mamas in mind these bars are the perfect healthy snack.